Thursday, March 4, 2010

You're Better Than That!

Click the link at the bottom of this note to watch a GREAT clip!We live in a society that blames everything on everyone. Even the stereotypical psychologist, while his patient begins to recline on the couch, asks; “Tell me about your mother?” As if she was the reason he just murdered eleven children in the elementary school.

This culture is defined by the lack of taking responsibility for our actions, and the feeling of entitlement. “We are entitled to success.”

Not so! If you are a leader, you are accountable.

I hear from business leaders, pastors and other organizational leaders all the time. When I speak to their organizations, there is (at times) an immediate excuse for the number of people in attendance. “You know, there are several people on vacation at the moment.”

Evil me wants to say, “Yeah right… Admit it... It's all slipping away and you don't know what to do about it!” But in that moment I realize it is my responsibility to act with the few in the same manner I would with the many, and then talk to that leader at a later time to get him to the point that he is comfortable where he is at; knowing he has done everything he can do. Knowing that he exemplifies a leader of excellence.

That’s what this clip is all about. I want you to watch it. I hope that after you do, you determine within yourself to stop making excuses for your failings. We all have them. Stop making excuses and get on with what God has empowered you to do. Remember my life slogan… It’s simple.

“Everything with Excellence”

These are the words that I try to live by. Today, so far, has been a good day…

http://www.nambcc.com/lesson/video/rocky.php

No comments:

Post a Comment